Site-specific, Groupr Exhibition
Curated by Claudia Büttner
The control tower of Munich´s former airport, built in 1939 and in service until 1992, was selected as a site for a lighting installation comprised of strips of yellow fluorescent tubes in the form of an arrow ascending the tower. The idea is to reflect upon the energy and the growth of this new part of the city, its change of function and transformation within the larger historical context.
Artists: Chema Alvargonzález, Olaf Metzel, Sissel Tolaas